Monday, February 25, 2013

Fun in the Kitchen- gummy style

Today I decided to tackle another of my homemade projects. I enjoy gummy snacks and have been searching tirelessly for a recipe. Based off what is in my (currently collapsing) pantry, this is what I used:

3 envelopes plain gelatin
1/2 package of sugar free jello
1/4 cup water

Mix in small sauce pan until the consistency looks like dough. Heat over medium heat til melted. Pour into mold and place in freezer for 10 min or until solid.

This concoction filled one tray of small molds I purchased at Michaels ages ago for $2.

In the end, they are gummier than the store bought kind, but very flavorful! And i could polish off this tray in one sitting. must. pace. myself. I would really like to find a recipe that uses fruit juice instead of jello!


Let me know in the comments if you try them or have your own recipe!!





No comments:

Post a Comment