Saturday, June 29, 2013

DIY make up applicator cleaner

S*%/$ about to get crazy! This is how I spend my Saturday nights. I decided to clean my make-up brushes. This is so easy, takes 5 minutes, and you'll have everything in the house! 

What you'll need:

Equal parts dish soap (for cleaning) and olive oil (for conditioning) 

A small dish

Paper towel


Swirl dirty brush in mixture and rinse off in water. Viola! Clean brush, just reshape and set to dry. The brush on the left is clean, the rest, well here's how it looks:

And the finished product:

Big difference!


Of course I'd like to point out that I used Seventh Generation dish soap and the candy corn colored make up pad is from Ollie's Boutique on Etsy! 

Do you have any fun home made recipes for cleaning?!?


You can also find the original tutorial here: http://www.homemademamas.net/2012/11/makeup-brush-makeover.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment