Wednesday, February 10, 2016

An Open Letter to Friends

Dear friends,

First, I love you. No buts or ifs. No judging. I. Love. You.

Some friends come and go. Some friends stay for a long time. I value all kinds. If we are no longer active in each other's lives just know I probably still think about you. More importantly, know that I would be there for you in an instant if you ever needed something. I hope that you feel the same, but it's quite alright if you dont. Things change. People move on.

What I can't do is watch you hurt. If someone is hurting you in any way or if you're hurting yourself in some way, I am sorry to say there is only so much of that I can bear. I will be your shoulder to cry on, your ear to listen, your sound advice. I will not be your sole problem solver or therapist. I can take you so far. You must do the rest. And I beg of you to do so. For you.

Please understand that if I distance myself it's only because I try to bear the burden for you and I cannot. It pains me. I worry for you. And sometimes I have to be selfish and, for my own sanity, take a step back.

But I love and cherish you. I will be there for you if you reach out. I want the best for you. Always.

This is not the first time. And may not be the last.

I remain.

Your friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment