Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Coupon Maniac

Folks- its time we talk about something real for a minute. We have an epidemic sweeping the nation and taking control of lives- leaving us wanting more, drowning us in obsession. I'm talking about coupon-ing people!

Just last night my coworker was telling me she had to do some shopping today because her other half left her an itemized shopping list including where to go, what to get and how to get it [for free]. Then she was to come home and take a picture of all the free stuff. I can only assume the picture will surface later today on The Krazy Coupon Lady's blog. If you don't know its a blog to show you how to score some really great deals; there is also a place to brag about your sweet deals... its called the Brag Lounge. Personally, one of my biggest wins was a loaf of bread for $0.30. That's some old school prices right there. Last week I spent less than $5 at Target and got Glade, Halls, 20 photo prints and something else. That was pretty awesome as well.

Now, I know I don't have the time to plan an entire weeks worth of shopping to save 80% off my final bill, but I do what I can when I can. I clip coupons out of the paper and in the mail. I check ads for deals, I check online websites (Target, Publix...) for their coupons and ads. Plus, I'm pretty convinced that unless you are stockpiling for the end of the world or have kids, couponing may only be saying you 10-30%. Savings are savings though, especially when the gas station is the most depressing place to be right now.

Can anyone tell me how to get cheap gas?!?!?


For newbie couponers, the biggest pitfall can be printing out coupons just because. If it's not something you need, do not bother with it. Unless its a really great deal, then by all means go for it and try something new! 

And be careful or you might end up with a binder like this:

 


Who knows, maybe you too can save 50-80% off your shopping. Otherwise, keep an eye on the KCL blog to at least save a couple dollars for the gas station.

Excuse me, I'm going to go have a good cry now... *sobbing softly*


What have your biggest savings looked like?

No comments:

Post a Comment