Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Self

I wasn't going to weigh in on the Bruce Caitlyn Jenner topic. But I've read so much hate and ignorance, I can't help myself. Let's get to it.

Are there better role models for the community? YES! However, Caitlyn is doing her best to separate herself from the Kardashians. Lets also remember, Bruce was an Olympic athlete. BEFORE ALL OF THIS. And howany other in the teams community have this kind of platform already to bring so much awareness? Not many. The ESPN Courage award is debatable, but kudos to them anyway.

One of the most profound things I read was a quote from 'the' interview about how Chris would go to bed at night thinking his life had been wasted. What a terrible thought to have in your head, eating away at your souls, night after night.

On the flip side of that, Caitlyn was a little taken aback by her new face after surgery. People take this as a sign that this is not an authentic change or as a publicity stunt. Woah woah woah. Caitlyn lived as Bruce her entire life until recently. I would be shocked if there wasn't a spark of doubt. I applaud her for speaking about it! A tattoo is a permanent change to your body, and no matter how sure you are of your choice, there's always a chance you may look at it after the fact and wonder "should I have just done that?" Maybe not the best comparison, but I hope it offers some insight.

Does Caitlyn have other issues? No doubt. But deep in her heart she believes this is who she is meant to be. Who are we to judge that? It's not hurting anyone for her to be herself.

Too many people want to know will Caitlyn date men or women? Uhm, again, its not about who she is sexually, physically, or mentally attracted to. Its being comfortable with yourself first and foremost. And at the end of the day Love is Love.

What is SELF? It's a combination of many things. Mind, heart, body, spirit. All of these needs to be in harmony. Otherwise, you live in disharmony. I am sure we have all experienced this at some point in our lives and we all have ways of expressing our true selves. For some it may be a musical outlet, or as simple as having an unnatural hair color. For others, it runs far deeper an far more extreme.

I'm no stranger to supporting human rights. Of all kinds. I refuse to give up on people that we can make this a better place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment